Andalusite is a mineral known for its heat-resistant properties
and pleochroism, used in refractories, ceramics,
abrasives, and gemstone jewelry.
Typical applications include
– Refractories: Used in furnace linings and high-temperature equipment
due to its exceptional heat resistance.
– Ceramics: Enhances the strength and thermal shock resistance of
– Foundry: Used in casting molds and cores due to its ability to withstand
– Abrasives: Employed in grinding and cutting tools for its hardness and
– Jewelry: Gem-quality andalusite is cut and used in jewelry for its unique
– High-Performance Ceramics: Used in aerospace and electronics
industries for its exceptional properties.
– Oil and Gas Industry: Utilized in equipment linings for high-temperature
– Insulation: Found in refractory bricks for thermal insulation.
– Mineral Collecting: Prized by mineral enthusiasts for its distinctive crystal